Friday, December 12, 2008

The symbol for crisis...

The Chinese use two brush strokes to write the word 'crisis.' One brush stroke stands for danger; the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger - but recognize the opportunity. - John F. Kennedy, Speech in Indianapolis, April 12, 1959

So I got a little preachy yesterday, I'll be the first to admit. I have some didactic tendencies.

The first quotation I thought of today coincides with a report on the news I heard about. Apparently, even though the jobs are being dropped like a boulder, and spending is down for the fifth month in a row, this is the first time in quite a while that people are paying off their debts.

This is good news.

People may be tightening their belts, but they are committing to the strange opportunity that this affords them. Namely, they are losing the debt that's been holding them down. The credit crunch has an upside? Who knew?

I've been recognizing some opportunities myself. So, I guess my thought today is this: Look around you. Things might be rough right now, but are there opportunities abounding?


KarmaloopChristmas 2008

0 comments: