Tuesday, April 7, 2009

One characteristic to get you through life...

If you could choose one characteristic that would get you through life, choose a sense of humor. - Jennifer Jones

I'm sorry to say this, but I can't live without humor. What's the point? It would be like dragging myself through each and every day. No laughter? How would one keep from pitching him or herself off a steep cliff?

Some people live for the funny. Some people have made rather lucrative careers out of the funny. It surrounds us, through unexpected comments and ill-timed steps. It follows us into the bathroom and, for some, it's the little person they gave birth to. It keeps us sane and helps us to overcome our greatest grief. What does one do without a good sense of humor?

Granted, I take myself too seriously from time to time. There are moments when I am caught up in the things that are important to me. Thankfully, I have been blessed with an abundance of people who keep me laughing, lending a perspective of the world that is pragmatic and thoughtful.

A sense of humor leads to lightness, a life full of happiness. Laughing should be an item on everyone's agenda each day.

Have you laughed today?

0 comments: